Here is a good idea. Save one of the bigger/nicer boxes that will be in plentiful supply from Christmas gifting. And, on one of those last days with the kids at home for the Christmas break, task your family with creating a Snow Day Survival Kit. Take the box and make decorating the box your first step in creating a Snow Day Survival Kit. Next use your imagination to fill the box. Here is a list of idea starters:
- Favorite family games that have been tucked away for a long time
- An idea checklist of fun inside activities and outside activities
- Put a list of household chores that need doing but never get done and create a fun challenge and reward for knocking one of these off the list
- Visit the dollar store and load up on interesting finds to be used in a craft project
- Load the box with new crayons, markers, glue sticks.
- Ideas for an Epic Creative Challenge (Put on a show; Write a play; Shoot and edit a movie)
- Ingredients for some kid-safe kitchen activities.
- Scrap booking materials to update family photo albums
These are just a few ideas on things you can put in your Snow Day Survival Kit. Once you have your kit assembled tuck it away and don’t pull it out until you have a snow emergency! Keep Cravings Gourmet Popcorn in the loop, we want to know what you would add, so make a comment to add to the list, and if you take up the challenge take a few pictures and send them along.
Cravings Gourmet Popcorn is located in Old Town Lansing, the hippest area of Lansing, Michigan. Cravings Gourmet Popcorn can be purchased online and shipped to anywhere nationwide.