If you are planning a vacation this summer there is no better choice than a Pure Michigan vacation. Travel Michigan, the Great Lakes state, because it is perfect for boating, camping, hiking and swimming for the ultimate “Up North” vacation. The coast around our beautiful peninsula has 3,288 miles of shoreline which is more than any other state except Alaska. That is probably why there are 829 boat access points, ten spectacular light houses punctuating our shores, and 97 state parks that offer unique natural beauty experiences.
While you are planning your vacation, we would like to suggest that you take Cravings along. Check out our online store for tins of flavor-sealed popcorn to purchase for your vacation snacking, the shipping is FREE. Or, if you are local, just plan on making your last stop, before you hit the road a ,stop to our Old Town store on Turner Street in Old Town. You can’t miss us, just look for the giant popcorn box.
Pretty sure you will gobble up the popcorn long before the vacation is over – here are some suggestions for the empty tin:
- Use the tin to scoop up some smelt from one of the many streams flowing into the lakes
- Fill up your tin with the distinctive Petoskey stones that you find from your Lake Michigan beach walk
- Others like to collect small pieces of driftwood or sea glass for art projects, use the tin to carry them home
- At your camp site fill the tin with tinder for starting the fire and fill the tin with water for dousing the fire out at the end of the evening
- Flip the tin upside down and use it to sit on while you roast your marshmallows for everybody’s campfire favorite – S’mores. (Made with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers)
- Or, if you are really smart, you will save that tin for a refill at Cravings Gourmet Popcorn to take on your next vacation.
Cravings Gourmet Popcorn is located in Old Town Lansing, the hippest area of Lansing, Michigan. Cravings Gourmet Popcorn can be purchased online and shipped to anywhere nationwide.